Favorite tech Tools: There are so many tech tools that I could list that make my life easier or are great to have in the classroom. Here are a few of my favorites:
– Remind101 – for keeping parents and students informed. Easy and FREE. A must have tool.
– Sophia.org – great for flipping the classroom. Plus you can get Flip Class Certified, iPad Certified, or Chromebook Certified for FREE!
– Socrative – a free app that will turn any device into a clicker. Easy to use.
– ChatterPix – My students love this app. You can take a picture of anything, draw where you want the mouth, and then record something and watch your picture come to life
– Skitch – this is great to use in my math class. This app allows you to draw on top of any image.
– 30Hands – This free app allows you to import pictures and then record over each picture individually, and it will stitch them all together for you in one video! Kids love using this to make instructional videos.
– Any TechSmith Product (Camtasia, Fuse, and SnagIt) are must haves.
– Chrome Extensions – You can check out my favorites here
Upcoming Projects: I think besides speaking around the country these next few months, my biggest project is preparing myself for my next step: becoming Principal of Navasota Intermediate. I’ve got lots of interviews coming up, as I’ll be staffing the entire campus. All I know is that I thank myself every day for my PLN that I’ve built on Twitter as I’ve got so many great leaders to learn from and get advice from! This next step in my career and life is going to be a great ride!